8.04.2009

Real beauty is not about Make-up

Hey! I'm Ashley! I'm 13, and when I was younger I always felt like I needed to wear make-up to be like, "The other girls".
But once I grew a little older, I realized... It's not about the make-up that makes you look pretty, but about wether you have your "God make-up" on. Sure that sounds funny but once you understand what it means you will understand that it is not some "Made-up thing" but a very serious something. "God's love is not a contract, but a very serious relationship." That something, our "God make-up", is the Bible. Sure some might think that the Bible is some sort of strict rule book. But really, it's not. It just explains to us how we should live our lives, and that we need to be like Daniel. You see, Daniel was set apart from his "other" friends. Sometimes I feel like "Mom, why am I not like the other girls?" I recently learned that the reason you are the way you are, is because God made you the way He wants you to be! Believe it or not, God has a special place just for you in His heart. In fact He wants you to answer the door when He knocks! YES! He knocks on your heart everyday until you answer it! I answered it when I was five. Then when I was 7 I got baptized! I felt truly changed after that happened, and even though you my think you look prettier if you have on the make-up and the new fancy shoes that everyone is wearing....That doesn't make you more beautiful, it makes you blend in with the crowd. God doesn't want that, He wants us to be his chosen one. The one He calls on to help that new girl in Sunday School that has no idea who anyone is. He wants us to be a "Daniel" when we are around a lot of "Egyptians". So make the decision to be a "Daniel" and not "Egyptian"!

Written by: Ashley Mayor:)

No comments:

Post a Comment